Abrasive Wheels Course
Aim: To train operators in the safe selection, mounting and
use of abrasive wheels & cutting discs.
Duration: ½ Day (Approx 4 hrs)
Pre Requisites: None
- Understand current legislation regarding abrasive wheels.
- Select and mount appropriate abrasive wheels/disc for task in hand.
- Employees duties & Responsibilities
- Storage of wheels & discs
- Selection and inspection of wheels & discs
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Mounting of wheels & discs
- Practical assessment
Participative with practical demonstrations & exercises.
Confirmation of Learning:
Is achieved by practical assessment.
Classroom facility with power and fully serviceable portable abrasive
wheel machine & selection of discs/wheels.
Note: The candidates will require to be in possession of the correct PPE
for the duration of the course (this includes goggles/ear defenders/gloves/dust